Tuesday, August 3, 2010

My Friend Pig Pen

My friend Pig Pen is sweet.  She has the biggest heart of anyone I know.  She's pretty and funny and kind and smart.  Sometimes, I know she doesn't think so, but she is.  People like Pig Pen are hard to come by- simply genuine.  The type of person who can always make you smile.  The type of person you can't wait to hear from because you enjoy listening to what they have to say.   

I didn't know she cared about me so much.  I hadn't heard from her in so long.  While I was being prideful and hurt, she had her own issues.  I didn't know she was being upset by her work, or that she was diving in dumpsters.  Maybe she thought I wouldn't understand, but none of that matters now.  Why?  Because it doesn't, because I don't care.     

You know someone is truly your friend when you haven't talked for years and you can pick up where you left off.  You can talk about silly stuff and serious matters as if it were second nature.  Like it just feels right for this person to be in your life. 

I always know that I won't be judged and she knows the same.  She's a little OCD and neurotic.  And?  I love worrying.  I just don't feel right if I'm not worrying about something.  I always worry about my dogs.  Once, not too long ago, I left to go to the gym.  Halfway there I had a bad feeling that I left the front door open and the kids were running through the streets.  So, I exited the freeway and headed back home to check.  Guess what?  Everything was fine.  I always worry about things like this. 

So, I'm weird.  And I have a weird sense of humor.  I make up voices for my dogs and I think swearing is the funniest thing in the world.  I enjoy documentaries and weirdness in general.  I like ghosts and I like graveyards.  I like Judge Judy.  I enjoy history, weird history like Vlad the Impaler weird.  Or the Salem Witch Trials, or that bitch queen who drank the blood of virgins because she thought it would keep her young.  I like learning about medical conditions.  I find the British Monarchy fascinating.  I'm left handed  I love love love Lady Gaga and I love Stevie Nicks.  I like to read.  I like scary movies.  I'm interested in how the earth was made and what will happen when the sun dies.  I'm fascinated by what would happen if the earth stopped spinning.  I love the shows Pawn Stars and American Pickers.  I love Dexter and True Blood.  I'm passionate and opinionated about the things I like.  And guess what?  All these things comprise the person I am- weird or not.  And anyways, who defines what weird is.  So anyone who thinks I'm weird can, guess what? Eat shit and die. 

And come on, we both love the same things... crunchy peanut butter?  Diet Coke addictions?  Really?  All little things, but when added up, they become so significant.

I'm so sorry I've missed out on so much.  But I'm going to make up for all the things I've missed throughout the years.  Pig Pen will not always be a part of my life no matter what, but I want her in my life.

What can I say, Pig Pen is the greatest friend in the world and I'm happy and honored to be her friend.  I love Pig Pen!

1 comment:

  1. What I was trying to say is that you can be whoever you want and like whatever you want and people will still think you're awesome. And everyone has their own issues. And you know, I've realize and have come to accept that I'm ok and anyone who doesn't like it can... Yep, eat shit and die.

    ReplyDelete