Saturday, November 6, 2010

I Reaallly Need To Clean My Car

I need to write something semi funny before going to bed.  My last post was depressing.  I KNEW I was going to start my period, and sure as shit, I did.  Also, we went and saw For Colored Girls, it was so intense and awesome.  I wouldn't have chosen that movie, but I glad I went.  I felt a little awkward entering the theater.  Three blondes and a Latina- so we weren't what you'd call the target audience.  But who cares?  We're all in this together AND it was just a girls movie in general.  Awesome.

Anyways, my car.  It's such a giant mess.  I will only allow certain people to ride in it when it's in it's current condition.  You will have to move shit off the passenger side seat if you want to actually sit down- which is kind of imperative if RIDING in a car.  And please don't think you can ride garbage free in the backseat, because that shit is a mess too.  I have a creepy light-up crucifix back there (I found it at my grandma's), boots, a bag, and a few other odds and ends.

On with the story.  Since I go across the Dumbarton Bridge every day, I recognize the toll takers (I don't have Fastrak- it's a lame, boring story).  One guy in particular is super nice and always asks how I am and says hi to the kids when I bring them to work.  I've seen this guy for probably  2 years.  He even knew Milo.  He asked where he was after he died :(

Anyways, whenever I don't have the kids with me he always asks "Where are your friends?"  And I reply with something stupid like "They took a vacation" or "They wanted to sleep in" or "They took the day off".  I know, clever, right?  This morning I happened to get in his lane-- since my car sits pretty low and the toll booth is higher, you can see right into the car.  So, I give him my money and he asks "Where are your friends?" AS HE'S PEERING INSIDE MY CAR.  I was so embarrassed.  He totally saw the mess.  I saw his eyes gaze to the backseat-- looking for my kids, whose mom is a giant slob.  He expected to see a chihuahua and saw an old Panda Express bag instead.

At that moment I realized that I need to clean my car ASAP.  That's on my to-do list for tomorrow... 

1 comment:

  1. ha ha ha! when i had to pay the toll on the pike someone asked me if i was MOVING once!! that's how much shit i had in my car. so i lied and said yes :P
    and don't even worry i just took out all those diet coke cans and bottles yesterday because someone had to get in my car!

    ReplyDelete