Thursday, November 18, 2010

I'm Not a Hoarder, Just a Slob

Tonight I met up with my ex-roomie Kristy.  She truly is a great person and friend.  AND she is seriously the most organized human in the universe.  Everything always has it's place and is neat and tidy.  She even keeps boxes for all her electronic devices.  When she moved, she placed her DVR and DVD player in it's original box.  And I'm not talking about just the box, but the little styrofoam wedge pieces which keep the items nice and snug within the box.  All of her DVD's/CD's are in the correct cases.  I bet she's never worn 2 different socks--- EVER.  Seriously, I have no clue how she survived living with me.  And we're still friends. 

Don't get me wrong.  My house doesn't look like an episode of Hoarders.  I don't have dead cats smashed between piles of rubbish.  There isn't moss growing in the bathroom, or any type of organic matter just chillin in a big heap of trash.  A goat isn't eating through the side of my house.  I don't shit in a Safeway bag because my bathroom isn't accessible.  I don't have weird attachments to coat hangers, or an old, ratty teddy bear that I bought at a garage sale.  I'm just a little messy, that's all.  If I make dinner, it might take me a few days to do the dishes.  No big, right?  Or, if I take off my socks, I just throw them on the floor.  Because, really, I'm not concerned with small messes.  I'll pick it up eventually.  I will admit though, that I start to get anxious and uncomfortable if things get too messy.

Here's an example:
Exhibit A



Exhibit B

The bathroom is at my breaking point.  I actually started to clean it, so now it looks better than the pictures.  I put some stuff away, then needed a rest.  I'll clean the rest tomorrow.  I'm just too tired!  AND if I got a little help from someone, I bet we could make the bathroom look lovely in no time at all.

Hmmmm.  Tomorrow I will show the after pictures.  So you know I can actually clean and I'm not a TOTAL slob.

4 comments:

  1. trust me, when bob and i are "on our own" that's what our bathroom looks like too... unless my mother is coming over, then i go on a frantic two day cleaning spree! and even then, it's still not as clean as she thinks it should be!
    plus, i think there is a HUGE difference between messy and dirty. so you're bathroom is a little messy SO WHAT, no fungus or dead cats? who cares! i would rather spend time with my dogs than organize my bathroom! :P

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think you should make Laura pay for maid service once in awhile. Also, the guy I dated in my last most serious relationship totally saved original boxes and styrofoam too. Seriously, he actually paid for extra storage at the public storage place to save all his boxes. He's all, but it makes it so much easier for packing and moving. Me...I save boxes too...but only because it's shit I never unpacked from two apartments ago ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love that I can see u in thr mirror. I wish I could post of my slobbings toshow u

    ReplyDelete