Saturday, November 6, 2010

It's That Time of Month

So I don't have much time to dilly dally.  I actually have plans to go to the movies with a big group of people I don't know.  Well, that actually isn't true, I'll know approximately 3 people out of the group.  So luckily, going to the movies doesn't require much conversation.  We all know I'm an asshole around people I don't know.   

Have you ever felt that sometimes your best isn't good enough?  I feel that way at work right now.  I've worked so hard to make it better, but I have not succeeded.  It often leaves me feeling inadequate, frustrated, and depressed.  I suppose there are lots of reasons why I feel this way-- some undoubtedly stem from myself, my own insecurities, and issues.  My inability, at times, to talk to people and be forthcoming.  But, I will not take all the blame because I feel there are deeper issues within the organization- some things that I don't have control over.  Things that I try to fix, but fail miserably.   

I need a change.  I outgrew my job a long time ago.  But what else can I do?  I'm so comfortable with my work, no matter how stressful and shitty it is-- it's familiar.  I know what I'm doing and it feels good when people come to me for help because they know I can give them an answer.  I'm comfortable-- too cozy for my own good.   I know what I want, but am uncertain as to how to obtain it.  Is it my laziness? Or my inability to push myself?  Or maybe I'm scared?   The answer is yes- -all of these things hinder my ability to move forward with my life.  I'm afraid of failure- so much in fact, that I don't even try.  Which, in my opinion is cowardly, and worse than failing.

I want to help people.  In what capacity?  I have no idea.  There are so many things I know I can do-- and don't get me wrong, there are people who have told me that I've helped them- clients at work and personally.  But what if I could do that every day?  What if I could make someone's day better?  That is my ultimate dream.  To make a difference in someone's life- to help them when they feel like no one else cares. 

You know when you feel like you have so much to give but don't know where to begin?  That's how I feel right now.  It's overwhelming and scary.

 

  

   







 

1 comment:

  1. sorry chrust :( feeling stuck at work sucks! you'll be great at whatever you decide to do! and you know what? you probably already help more people than you know! (like me!)
    xoxoxoxo

    ReplyDelete