Sunday, November 14, 2010

Pier 39 Wax Museum = Lame

Yesterday, my cousin and I went into the city.  It was a beautiful day and it was actually quite warm.  Warm for San Francisco and warm for this time in November.  So overall, it was a lovely day.

We walked around Union Square for a bit, had lunch, then hopped back on BART and went to the Embarcadero, where we we proceeded to the piers.  Pier 39 is so touristy, but it was a nice, clear day.  Besides, the people watching is good and one of my favorite places is there-- umm well, not one of my absolute favorite places.  The Pier 39 Wax Museum.

I'm telling you, if you are in the mood for a good laugh and don't mind spending $14, it's a good place to go.  Let me elaborate on the $14.  $14.  I'm very sorry, but that museum is worth no more than $7.  It's what you would call a poor man's Madame Tussaud's.  That place is amazing.   You can get up close to the life-like wax figures that are so realistic, you think you were actually standing next to your favorite celeb.  The Pier 39 Wax Museum, not so much. 

Here are some examples of what we saw:

Ummmm.
 
Ugh.





Creepy (and blurry).

My cousin and Prince Charles.


Ok.  So there you have it.  The worst wax figures ever.  I hope you enjoyed them.

6 comments:

  1. P.S. Doesn't Kelly totally look like she could be our sister?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the Michael Jackson one! Terrible! And who wAnts to see a pope at a wax museum!!??

    ReplyDelete
  3. YES, she does look like she could be your sister! the family resemblance is crazy!
    at first i thought it was arnold schwarzenegger behind michael jackson and... madonna? then i realized i THINK that's supposed to be matt damon?!?

    ReplyDelete
  4. ummmm it's ricky martin... i think...

    and i never want to see the pope... barf

    ReplyDelete