Monday, November 8, 2010

Our Bachelorette Pad Looks Like a Frat House

Since my roomie moved out, the living room is now vacant.  My sister and I have decided this will be the "no dogs allowed" room.  A room that will always be clean-- a place where guests can sit and be comfortable.  They can sit and NOT have dog hair all over their clothes-- well, once we get a couch in here.  We can also light fires and have quiet, intelligent conversation over a nice bottle of wine.  Yes, that's how we picture it... lovely.

Here's the reality of the situation:


Shit.  We don't even like wine.  Please note in the picture that Phoenix is under our "ottoman".  He and Caesar are the exception to the "no dogs" rule-- oh and Mitzi too.

Please also notice the giant tangle of cords and mess.  In my defense, I just put my tv in here yesterday... so the Directv box is still laying on the floor.  I don't exactly have a stand to put the tv on just yet, so the bay window will do for now.  All the other residual mess is left from the worker guys who recently painted.



Here's another angle for your viewing pleasure... 


Ok, so the ugly green chairs were my grandma's.  They are from the 50's and they are actually pretty cool and super comfy.  I need, however, to get the cushions re-upholstered into a non-hideous color.  I was thinking brown, with a couple of fun accent colored pillows-- maybe like pink or purple.  And there's the treadmill.  Oh treadmill, I always say I'm going to use you, but I never do.  Now there's no excuse since you are actually in a room with Directv AND a DVD player.  No excuse at all.  But you will probably stay folded up until the end of time.









So, this is our reality.  But I swear, once I get my shit together, I will take another picture and show you how organized and lovely our living room is until then, we will continue to live in a bachelor pad/frat house.

1 comment:

  1. ha ha ha! the last picture is my favorite!
    i love those chairs!
    also? bob and i had a treadmill for a while. we used it to hang our clothes when we didn't feel like putting them away :D

    ReplyDelete